Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"I wish they taught film when I was in high school."



     You might be like a lot of indie filmmakers, wishing you could of studied film in your middle and high school years.  Fortunately, you have not given up on your dreams and desires.  You are a filmmaker.  So what if you have not yet won an Academy Award?  That is not the standard by which we are judged.  However, we owe it to ourselves, our family, friends, and groupie(s), that the short film or video on our drawing board will be better than the one we just made.

     That's why I'm here.  I am a professional teacher.  I teach Broadcasting & Film to middle and high school students.  I am the teacher your high school needed.  I am the teacher my old high school needed.

     Who am I?  In many ways, I'm just like you: working a day job, have a family, dream, write, think, read, study, produce, shoot, cut, critique, and repeat.  I do it all, except quit.  Today, let me share with you one thing - if you quit, you will never win.

Best Regards and remember the first three rules of any shoot: safety, safety, safety.

Michael G. Hennessy
www.michaelghennessy.com
@film_teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment